June 19, 2014
(by Brooke Burgess) With a personal ‘patronage drive’ around my birthday, the funding for Book 1 in the new children’s fantasy series — The Shadowland Saga — was raised in less than 10 DAYS! Now, it’s time to sound the call beyond my walls and reach out to lovers of literature, classic children’s stories, and…CATS! Enter PUBSLUSH — the ‘Kickstarter’ for books:
- I’ll be raising all costs (layout, illustration, editing, audio, etc) for BOOK 2, and beyond!
- There will be more REWARDS for contributions, including $10 and $25 levels!
- You’ll be able to contribute with SECURE VISA/MC donations!
- 5% of every $ goes to Pubslush’s CHILDREN’S LITERACY charity!
- See DAILY TRACKING for goals, rewards, and compaign updates!
- ‘Stretch Goals’ for localized versions, and much, much more!
- Easy SHARING to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and all your social media!
At the very least, please take a few minutes to check out the campaign page. It’s got fresh content — project background, an interview, even a live chapter sample! — and, by clicking ‘I’M INTERESTED!’, you help build buzz on their main hub for the project.
And…for all of you who sent such generous and supportive gifts my way already?
Here’s a sassy Q&A follow-up, just for you ❤
Spread the Gospel:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Tags: adventure, brooke burgess, cats, children's book, children's books, crowdfunding, CS Lewis, development, fantasy, Harry Potter, horror, JK Rowling, middle grade, mystery, Narnia, Pubslush, series, Shadowland, Tolkien, wolves, writing