July 31, 2014
(by Brooke Burgess)
Hey, blog-friends! I just realized that the last post was over a month ago, so it’s high time to send a ping from this quiet corner of the globe. We’ll keep the vast swaths of text to a minimum this time, and go oldschool, bullet-point, link-o-rama on your eyeholes:
- the PUBSLUSH crowdfunding campaign for Book 2 in The Shadowland Saga just hit its trigger minimum with 3 days left! Big thanks to the generous folks who chipped in the kitty (heh). Oh, and you’ve still got time to help out, snarf exclusives, and support children’s literacy while you’re at it 🙂
- Meawhile, The Cat’s Maw just cracked 50K chapter reads and 1000 upvotes on WATTPAD. The story’s about 3/5 revealed (I just posted Chapter XIII: Of Blood and Basements), so feel free to che-che-check it!
- Finishing up a hush-hush ‘adult’ novella that might make you blush a shade…or fifty. Pen-name in full effect on this one, but it won’t be Marquis De Sade-style torture to sleuth it out…
- Annnnd…with illustrations beginning to pop-up for the first book’s interior, I’ve bitten the proverbial bullet and joined the ranks of PINTEREST weirdness. Just getting the hang o’ things, but expect to see stuff from cult flicks and TV, comics, books…oh…and kitties!!! 😀
- In a stalky mood? I lurk ‘n’ post near-daily on Crackbook and Twitter — also getting a wee bit GIF-happy (with admittedly emo short-story and poetry snippets) on Tumblr. Don’t be a (virtual) stranger!
- Rumblings of ‘movement’ on a genre script that’s been in dev for a while. Perhaps a director announcement soon…?
- With another COMICON in the (funny) books, I couldn’t help but have some YouTube flashbacks.
All for now, folks. Hope you’re having suitably brilliant and beautiful summers, no matter where on Earth the sun may find you.
Spread the Gospel:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)